Saturday 14 April 2007

FA Cup semi-finals

At long last. It is a beautiful day and Watford are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. Even if they don't win...and after Man United thrashed Roma 7-1, I think that will be the likely outcome....I am still looking forward to the game.
Well after a slight mishap when I got dropped off at the meeting place only to find it completely deserted. No yellow shirts in sight. Not anywhere. Panic. So I walk up to the top of the road. And round the corner. To see all the coaches parked up. At least 30 of them. In completely the wrong place. But I felt happy. I was still going.
So four hours later. One stop for coffee and cake. And a new phone battery because mine decided at that moment that it was going to pack up. We finally arrive at Aston Villa. With twenty minutes to spare. So I decide to find a cash point because I still owe Nick for my ticket. And a kind policeman directs me right through the Man United fans. Who take the micky big time. Because I am still wearing my bright yellow shirt. Right. Not a good plan. And the cash point was empty. But at least I took the shirt off before walking back lol.
So the atmosphere was just incredible. Maybe 20,000 Watford fans just screaming. Waving flags and banners. Silly hats. And we were sitting in the sun. How cool was that? So different to where my seat is at Vicarage Road...in the shade. I got to wear my sunglasses and caught some colour.



We lost. 4-1. Not a surprise really. But we were good, brilliant even. We didn't let ourselves down. Man U didn't look that good in comparison. For the league leaders. And our goal was good. And Marlon King made his first appearance since his injury at the beginning of the season. But we still lost. But the atmosphere remained upbeat. And I was happy. And it didn't take four hours to get home either. An enjoyable day.

No comments: