Monday 30 April 2007

Potting flowers

Another beautiful day. I love to wake up early in the morning, well maybe not at 6am if I am off, but I love the way the sun streams in through the window and I can just open my eyes to blue skies and a day full of possibilities.

So I don't get a lot done in the morning. just housework and general tidying up. Oh, I caught up some more on the computer, filing emails, transfering more stuff from the old one. I now have Photoshop and other similar software installed, I finally got the card reader to work, have downloaded some photos, and installed the printer and just generally updated drivers. I think that I am getting there. It is just all the stuff on the external drive now. My 40,000 odd photos. I need to back them up on here. It will take forever I think. Another day though.

So, I went to Ickenham to meet Sam for lunch. Amy was there along with Ali and Julie a bit later on. I wasn't going to eat but that didn't last long! So we chatted over coffee and sandwiches and then I headed back via the garden centre. I just wanted to look at sheds, sand, pebbles etc but ended up with two large bags of compost and about 60 plants. Mostly summer bedding, trailing plants. For the hanging baskets and pots out front and all the pots at the back. I also picked up some large plastic planters from Poundland, I don't like the shop but it is great value for certain items.

So the afternoon and all evening, until it got too dark to see, was spent planting up all my pots. And arranging them around the steps and tiny paved bit next to the conservatory. It looks really pretty now. I can't wait for the plants to start growing as I love the effect of tiny flowers tumbling down the steps. I am really enthusiastic about finishing the garden this year. Or should that be starting it? I want to get the playshed replaced with a smaller shed and deck out the bottom of the garden. Or just fill it with pebbles and paving. And a table and chairs so that I can eat out during the hot summer evenings. And have a garden that looks like it has been made over by one of those gardening makeover programmes. Dream on!

My little oasis...



And these aren't really my flowers. Just borrowed from my neighbour. But they look so beautiful this time of the year. And we get to see them!



And a close up....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garden is looking good Anne.
Looking forward to seeing it properly on Monday.

Alison said...

Your garden looks lovely, Anne - a real haven.