Friday 18 May 2007

Holly's 17th birthday!

I can't believe that my little baby has turned 17! We woke her up this morning with smoked salmon and cram cheese bagels and present opening in bed. I had bought her lots of surf style clothes; a gamble because I haven't bought her clothes for a few years now. Far better to go shopping with her her ...oh and MY credit card of course!

Then we had this amazing day at a new spa in Watford; Presence. It is an independent gift shop with an internet cafe at the back and now a spa on the first floor. This spa is fab; it looks gorgeous, wood floors, white walls, dark wood furniture, huge fabric and leather sofas, driftwood sculptures and seascape paintings on the walls. The treatments are to die for. We started with an infra red sauna, not my favourite but I am not a sauna person. Then Holly had a stone massage and I had a Tibetan massage. Mine invloved warm, perfumed oils and then a deep (read hard!) massage with little linen bags filled with salts and hot pebbles. She spent ages working on my back which always feels knotted from poor posture when working. It felt so good afterwards. Then I had a luxury pedicure, a 'workout' facial, lunch, a go in the floatation tank and then relaxing in the dusk room. Holly had similar treatments and loved them all. I can't wait to go again! We followed up with a spot of shopping and back to the coffee shop.



So for the evening, Holly chose to go to Ask for pizzas. Her boyfriend Sean came as well and we had a fun night followed by a pirate birthday cake!

No comments: