Saturday 7 July 2007

Cornbury Music Festival

I had such a great time seeing The Proclaimers in Bournemouth I decided to go and see them again. They were playing at the Cornbury Music Festival in Oxfordshire, so it seemed a good idea to spend a few hours there and meet up with my brother and his wife in the evening for a meal seeing as they had just come back from Mauritius. It took a while to persuade Roy to come along so we were kind of late getting there...and I won't describe how long it took us to walk to the entrance, then to be directed to the ticket office, then to be directed to the cash machine as they didn't actually take credit cards! But eventually, like 1 1/2 hours eventually we got in! We wondered around and listened to a couple of bands I hadn't heard of, then made our way back to the main stage for The Proclaimers. I managed to squeeze my way to the front (no mean feat), and take some photos with the D200! What a difference using something other than a snapshot camera....although I think it took about 10 minutes before I was told to put it away as telephoto lenses meant it was professional - huh? I think the guy took pity on me and told me when he went, he couldn't see what I was doing! So I got to take some more of the guys. They were brilliant though...I love their music and seeing them live is kind of like the time I used to go to gigs in London as a teenager, so much more fun than being in a large venue, seated miles away and watching dots.













We then left early to meet up with Mike and Ann at pub a few miles away. It was great to catch up with them after their holiday and swap gifts. They bought me lots of little bits, lace, material, ribbons, 'body tattoos' and forehead charms that they thought I could use on my scrapbook pages. How cool is that? I was able to hand over the album I made in Donna Downey's class at ScrapFever earlier this year. I haven't really done much with their wedding photos so it was nice to be able to give them something.

No comments: